Friday, January 29, 2010

All You Lefties Are Going To Love This

I needed a new iron for my sewing room the other day.

I have found that, for me, the expensive irons don't last any longer than the cheaper models. I've gone through two Rowentas and an Oliso that went up and down on it's own feet (that was fun to watch). So, I pretty much stick to less expensive irons. Anywhere between $12.00 and $30.00 is the right price for me. They never last more than a year or so, no matter the price.
So on my way to Target the other morning, I drove by Big Lots and thought to myself...."Why not check out their iron supply." Sure enough, they had two irons to choose from, a Black & Decker for $12.00 and a Proctor Silex for $14.00. I chose the Proctor Silex.




Well, did you know that they make irons for lefties? Yep, this iron would fit a left hand to the "t". The steam button is on the right side, not the left. And it is a real pain to use.
Every time I push the button on the right, a spray of water comes out.
I tried it with my left hand. And if I was ambidextrous, it would be perfect.
Since I have never heard of left handed irons, and even if there were irons for lefties,
I doubt a company would bother to make them and then sell them for so cheap.
I checked out five different irons at JCPenney today.
Everyone of them had the steam button on the left side.
So, I think I know why these irons are at Big Lots.
Proctor Silex goofed.


Thought I would pass this one to anyone else that might see these and figure
"Why not. I'll buy this!

1 comment:

Joyful Quilter said...

LOL...I have a left handed quilting friend that I'm going to show this too....too funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...