Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Camarillo Was a Good Show

The Camarillo Quilt Show was a success! It was held at the Ventura County Fairgrounds. Andy helped me this time. I am sure he was totally bored for the whole show,
but he did very well for his first time. And probably his last time.
That's not how he likes to spend his time.

Here are some of the quilts on exhibit. They were all beautiful. Unfortunately, the lighting in the building was horrible and did not show off the quilts to their best advantage. And I used my cell phone for a camera. So believe me when I say these quilts were better than they look in my photos!


This is called "Indecision" by Sharon Norbutas. It is only one block over and over that has been rotated, reversed, reduced and distorted.


"Fun With Flowers" by Vicki Nichols. I love the lattice.




"Scrappy Dresden" by Lynda Blais. Lynda used over 180 floral prints for this beauty.
It's all hand appliqued.


"Christmas Visions" by Saralee Antrim-Salzan.
I love the optical illusion.

"Pinatas de Navidad" by Noreen Arroyo.
The large stars are three dimensional.

"Completely Dotty" by Patti Jacobs.
All the prints are polka dots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow the one quilt made me dizzy. Enjoyed them...glad you shared!!

Joyful Quilter said...

Glad the show was a success. Wow! Great quilts too. I like the pieced sashing on the Fun With Flowers quilt, but it looks like a lot of work.

AnnieO said...

I was at the show too and notice I took photos of several of the same quilts you did! I loved the optical illusion quilt. The lighting was just awful, but that's what you get at a fairgrounds building, unfortunately.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...