Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This and That

The Beach Cities Quilt Show has come and gone. It was no better and no worse than other quilt guild shows. Except, the guild ladies could not have been more gracious and welcoming to us vendors. My goodness, they provided a full breakfast bar with coffee, quiche, fresh fruit, bagels and more. Ice cold water, cookies and trail mix were delivered to our booths each day, along with lunch from Panera if we ordered. Talk about pampering your vendors. I'll will go back again, that's for sure!


Andy and his girlfriend Tracy help me with set up on Friday.


I have been working on a new design that,of course,uses my Stitching Lines. This time around, there is absolutely no waste. I use 2 strips that are each 4" long for the half-square triangles. Then I use the remaining 2" for the snow ball corners. And I can use all 3 lines on the 2" pieces. Then, I cut the 4" long center strip left over from the HST, in half and also use them for snowball corners. Can't wait to finish this up and turn it into a pattern.

Looking in my sewing room closet, because I was thinking of cleaning it out, (mind you, I said thinking)I found this afghan that I started years ago. It is just double crochet over and over and over again. Maybe that's why I got bored with it. I can't even remember what crochet hook I used. I know it was purple, but one of these hooks, I don't know. Anyone know a way to figure that out??? I need to finish this up before it gets too warm again to work on it. What with the crummy TV programing on right now, I could actually do this in the evening.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...