Friday, October 21, 2011

Out of the Trash For One More Workout

I sew a lot of Half Square Triangles together. I mean a lot. Maybe too many.
I like the intersection on the backside to look like this.

But many times the backside looks like this. Darned if I didn't get the underseam going the wrong way.

Leftovers from Stitching Lines to the rescue!

I just tear off an inch or two from the leftovers in the trash and stick it underneath the seam allowance just before I sew over the intersection.
Keeps the seam going the right direction every time.





Oops! I didn't sew that seam very straight.

This is fast. It doesn't slow me down. Faster than ripping out all those messed up seams!


And since I am sewing over the Stitching Lines paper in the same direction as you sew when using it, it tears off easily.

Just one more way to get some more mileage out of your Stitching Lines.

5 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the tip, although I intentionally don't "see" those seams. (same with crooked seams...I don't see a crooked seam hehehe)

Candace said...

Well I'll be darned! I was hoping to have a use for all those pieces, Mary! I can see how it will make sewing those seams so much faster without having to stop and make sure each one doesn't get turned over under the presser foot! You're the best!
Cheers!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

How interesting! I had never heard of Stitching Lines until I saw them at Vicki's Quilting Lodge blog. Wonderful blog and I am your newest follower.
Quilting by the River

Quilting Lodge said...

I love your stitching lines! It's the only product I've used for making HST's that didn't leave paper fuzz when I tear off the paper! I hate paper fuzz! Amazing Product!

Anonymous said...

Awesome tip!! No waste!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...